Monday, October 23, 2006

Got My Git Gat On...

So I didn't go to the opening weekend of the MAC series this past weekend. No cyclocross, but that doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy a race.

Sam's parents scored four tickets and hospitality passes to the Subway 500 race in Martinsville and since Sara isn't a big fan of race cars making 2,000 left hand turns, I was lucky enough to go. Free tickets, free food, free beer, can't really complain. Cold and dreary before the race, but the big heater in the sky broke through after the start of the race.

Now I'm not a big fan of nascar, I prefer the IRL. Open wheel racing appeals much more to me than the hackneyed, "rubbin's racin'" mentality of stock cars. But it is fun to watch, especially when I can listen to the driver's radio communications. Jeff Gordon cussing Jimmie Johnson, or my favorite Tony Stewart commenting on how he has to take a piss 300 laps into a 500 lap race and his crew making jokes about waterfalls, warm buckets of water etc. Makes for an enjoyable experience. Wouldn't want to do it each weekend but once every two years or so.

But it's back to cyclocross this Sunday. First race of the Virginia series is in Richmond. Fun Course. See ya there???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home