Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Undercarriage...

If you take care of your undercarriage, it will take care of you. One of the most important aspects of riding well is riding a bike that fits, and a well fitting saddle is paramount to that tenet. Once you find a saddle that fits, aahhhh. At least until the company that makes this wonderful creation decides to discontinue said saddle, leaving you to scrounge for any remnants.

Titec did that to me with the ithys gove saddle. I test rode a Blur a few years ago that had this saddle and while I ended up buying a different bike, I spec'd the new ride with an ithys gove. I liked it so much I bought enough to put one on each bike. Cyclocross season was not kind on one of them last year, ended up with bent rails. No more oh so comfortable saddles for sale, Titec now had the Hell Bent. Similar but not the same.

Sam found an online retailer that had Titec Ithys Gove Ti saddles available, AND on sale. He said he was going to order two to try them out and if I wanted any. I had already filled the online cart with four . Ok, negate my order and let Sam order four of them for me.

They arrived today. Sweet Sweet Saddles.


And my undercarriage is happy...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffro Herriachi said...

Ahhh, yes the sweet seat of a finely tuned undercarriage. I prefer the comfy Selle Itilia SLR nothing speaks to comfort like 135 g of carbon and leather...

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home