Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ouch, 1st mtn bike race...

I did my first mountain bike race in a couple of years, and rode around an hour longer than I would in a cyclocross race... It was good to get back into it. Saw the tripower crew and some other riders I've raced with/against. It's always nice to see the local riders. Helluva group of racers in the Commonwealth.

Last race on the full suspension Fuel as I've ordered a Ti Deluxe from Independent Fabrication. Full susp back to Hardtail, Time to relearn some skills. Time to learn some skills. Can't do anything but help the 'cross racing. I had a little mishap towards the end of the first lap and decided to back it off as it's been a while since I had raced in the trees on singletrack. No need to push too hard and wreck twice. Passed some people and got passed by others, overall it was a good start to the season.

Rolled to Camp Hilbert with James, he busted out a solid 5th place in the singlespeed class. Bam nice job.

Jeff knocked the cobwebs loose and showed me how to roll it IF style. great race.

2 week until the first triathlon of the season...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job kid. Just a friendly reminder, I wear a large in a If jersey!!! Please?

6:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Yea that was hard and fun at the same time. I messed up on the first lap too. Didn't completely go down, but had to pull over and let a big group by. Then I had to get out, poop, get back in, and finish. Didn't catch and xv's... Good workout tho
Hope your new ride comes in soon!

6:08 AM  
Blogger Taz Brown said...

Go get'em Mark!

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home