Friday, March 02, 2007

joining a Team...



I haven't been on a team since running cross country in college. There are a number of cycling teams in Virginia but none that are in the valley, and none of which really made me want to join, other than TriPower. That's a great team and if I lived in the tidewater area I'd be all over it. Actually all of the teams I've encountered have been good organizations with great people involved, but I never felt the need or 'want' to belong to them.

Indendent Fabrication has a Grassroots Racing Team that exhibits the same qualities as Indy Fab. The IF racers I know are good people and great riders. Quick to say hi and give a congrats on a good ride. The history of Independent Fabrication is a great story and the company builds a high quality bike with integrity. They are at the forefront of the custom steel and ti framebuilding arena.

I applied to join IF Grassroots Racing and I found out yesterday that I will be racing for them this year. I feel honored to be included with this incredible group of racers and to be representing a company that I have admired for many years. My first race in the IF kit will be a great experience. And my second, third, hell all of 'em...

First mounatin bike race is next week, with the first tri 2 weeks after that one. The season is fast approaching...

5 Comments:

Blogger joe york said...

Congrats Mark!! nice job.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

WooHoo! I love their kits! I will see you at Hilbert this weekend...

7:34 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Congrats. Another fast green machine on the fast team....

9:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Awesome...good stuff!

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IF RULZ, OTHERS DROOL......and yess, the T-POWER crew is the best.........

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home