Sunday, October 14, 2007

make it a double...

on second thought, I'll have a triple...

First shot, Sat: Corkscrew Cross, short course around 3:00 to 3:30 minute laps, I think we (master's) ended up doing 13 laps... I came in 3rd all alone. Basically a dirt crit with one set of narrowly spaced barriers that wove around a vineyard. I stuck around to watch Patrick run away with the Junior race. Nice jobbie job Rook... And Annette in the Women's B, nice job on stepping back into the race series after the knee issue.

Second shot Sun: Urban Cross, helluva course at the IX complex. Lot of technical features, off camber, run ups, barriers and a sand pit (10'x40'x10" of fresh sand). Fun, Fun and Fun. Legs were a bit cooked from saturday but I stayed around 3rd for most of the race until Mr Revere and Mr singlespeed in a SBC jersey came around me with 2 laps to go. I made it back around Mr Singlespeed and rode Mr Revere's wheel on the last lap. Got caught behind a lapped rider on the chicane section in the parking lot and tried in vane to make it around Mr Revere in the finishing straight, just not enough real estate to make the pass, so I ended up 4th.

James had Stella's for me on ice, ah belgium beer for a belgium sport. Hung out with the family and caught up with my racing friends some old and some new. Patrick kept up the pressure and won the Juniors for a second time. Annette and James both rode well as we knew they would. Not sure where Andy finished, kinda tough for a roadie on this course. Parker and I met Mandy of Vanderkitten fame after her Women's A win. Nice Job on the win and Parker still wants your sunglasses.

Third shot, Sun evening: Holly and I went on a mountain bike date while my mom watched Parker. We rode from home to Staunton's Secret Stash of Singletrack. Holly did well and we both had fun.

2 cx races and one mountain bike ride, a three shot weekend. Can it get any better???

5 Comments:

Blogger SAMBO said...

If you count the shots at the UVA game...it was even higher than 3.

2:17 PM  
Blogger MRussell said...

Actually, i was thinking shots of espresso. But if we go with the shots of liquor vibe, Then it was a 5 shot weekend. 3 shots of riding, 2 shots of moonshine at the UVA Homecoming game (plus a New Belgium Fat Tire Ale)

Gotta carbo load somehow...

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have gone epic and done Ironcross. Just one possible alternative. Great results though. Will I see you Sunday?

11:15 AM  
Blogger MRussell said...

Sunday at Cobblestone? you betcha.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

I sure do Hate this conflict in scheduling this season... Can't wait to do some vacx racing. Looks like it will be #5, Trashmore, and the Finals... Keep on representing Masters homeboy!

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home