Friday, April 18, 2008

Ronde van Vlaanderen vacation, and...

I finally finished the vacation recap posts. I started the posts on the Wednesday that I came back but didn't get around to finishing the posts until today. Life got in the way.

The Trip

The Ride

The Race


This was also the first week back on the training schedule. Jeff of Allez Training Systems has me set up for the upcoming race season. Upcoming? While the roadies and mountain bikers have been beating each other up in the host of races so far this year, I've been riding, running and mostly swimming, but not racing. Ok, I've raced once at Camp Hilbert but that was more to get ready for the Flanders trip as it was a 5 hour enduro event. This time last year, I had already done 1 mtn bike race, 2 sprint triathlons and was getting ready for my first XTERRA event. I will be setting up my transition area at the Off Road Duathlon National Championships next weekend in Richmond. This will be more for training and to see where I am. I'll go hard, but have no aspirations of doing well. I just want to see what I need to do to get ready when the race schedule heats up in June. My A race isn't until the middle of July, plenty of time to build up and fine tune my fitness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home