Monday, June 11, 2007

Preparation...

I got up at zero dark 'thirty on Sunday to be ready for James and Joe at 7am for the ride to Camp Hilbert. James needed to get to the site early as he was rolling the Enduro class. Joe and I opted for the races at noon same price, less mileage.

Long Story > Short. Toed the line with the Expert Vets, including my Team Green team mate Jeff H. At the start the field took off like a shot and I rolled with Chris D of TriPower for a while. Another fast TriPower racer, what's in the water in Tidewater?? The plan was to race smooth and not do anything dumb, like crash or go anaerobic. The race went according to plan thankfully. No crashes. I felt great after the race. And I took around 11 minutes off of my time from the March race. Congrats to Jeff on placing Second at Hilbert.

I rolled the XTERRA course with Jeff on Friday and plan on going back to Richmond on Wednesday for another pre-ride. See Jeff's take on the ride and misshap.

Feeling strong and ready for Sunday's XTERRA East Championship.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice meeting you too. I was only going fast because you were chasing me. And it helps to have a lot of fast guys down here to have to chase around on a bike.

Good luck at Xterra next week.

7:31 AM  
Blogger joe york said...

Mark great race and I see that your very photogenic yourself.. Good luck this weekend..

11:07 PM  
Blogger SAMBO said...

i liked Jeff's coverage of your crash. sorry i missed it. good luck this weekend.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Extra good luck to ya at X-Terra!

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home