Wednesday, December 19, 2007

off the bike...

I haven't done a training ride since the VACX Finals. This is not to say I haven't ridden my bike though. I'm still on the bike each day for the commute to work. 1.6 miles all downhill. At least it's downhill on the way to work. It's nice having such a short ride to work as I can make it home at lunch.

Some other things:

I will be racing again for Independent Fabrication Grassroots in 2008. There are new sponsors on board, notably Ergon grips. I'm looking forward to getting a pair on my bike as I've heard good things about them. Giordana will be the new clothing sponsor. I need to find out how their tri-shorts are constructed. I want a pair with the leg grippers that are on regular bike shorts. IF Racing will have a new website soon.

In addition to IF Racing, I will be a part of the GamJams Ambassadors program. The ambassadors are mid-atlantic cyclists who blog about racing/cycling. It's an interesting concept in that sponsors are able to broaden their reach throughout the cycling community. Check it out.

Queen City Cycling Club is dormant right now but will come out of hibernation once the gray days of winter begin to wain. The club will once again promote the Queen City Century in May. 2007 was the first year the club hosted the century and it was well received by those who rode it. The ride will again take advantage of the beautiful less-traveled roads of southern and western Augusta county, beginning and ending in downtown Staunton and will be the Sunday before the Mountains of Misery ride held outside of Roanoke.

On Sunday, December 23rd, James and I will be leading a long "ish" mountain bike ride. We are considering either the Southern Traverse trail or Whetstone Ridge trail off of the Parkway. Let me know if you're interested or get in touch with James at Black Dog Bikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home